The Star, Alfriston
Owned by Olga and Alex Polizzi, this striking Grade II listed 15th century building in the beautiful medieval village of Alfriston is close to the historic town of Lewes and to both Glyndebourne and Charleston. There are exceptional walking routes from the hotel, taking in The Seven Sisters, The Cuckmere Valley and Friston Forest.
The front of the hotel, known as The Inn, opens onto the High Street, and offers relaxed all day dining with local beers, open fires and oak beams. The Restaurant has its own inner courtyard with a Mediterranean feel, created as a lovely spot for warm weather dining. The kitchen serves simple, unfussy dishes with a focus on clarity of flavour, and the ever-changing seasonal menus utilise the abundance of Sussex produce.
Boutique accommodation in medieval Alfriston
The 30 bedrooms have been designed by Olga Polizzi, using contemporary furniture and local antiques, English wallpapers and fabrics, with splashes of vibrant colours and textures.
- Beautifully designed interiors by Olga Polizzi
- Outdoor dining in The Courtyard, at the heart of The Star
- The Star provides guests with printed walking maps, enabling them to enjoy the incredible walks from the hotel
Prices and opening information
- The Star is open all year round.
- Rooms are available from £210
- The Star is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
The Star recommends these places to visit nearby
Art & culture
Wine and dining
- Rathfinny vineyard
- The Ram Inn, Firle
- Fork in Lewes
Day trips & walks
- Birling Gap Beach
- The Seven Sisters
- The Cuckmere Valley
- Friston Forest
Shopping in Alfriston
- Much Ado Books
- Objet Trouve
- Diana Kelly Interiors
- Emmett and White Antiques & Interiors
- Alfriston Arts
- Three Boutique
- The Apiary