Farleys House and Gallery
Experience the extraordinary atmosphere of the Sussex home of photographer Lee Miller and Surrealist artist Roland Penrose, whose guests included Picasso, Man Ray and Miró.
There are two galleries and a sculpture garden to explore, with the galleries boasting an outstanding selection of temporary exhibitions shown alongside the works of Lee Miller and Roland Penrose. Past exhibitions include the art of: Eileen Agar, Peter Blake, Desmond Morris and Dorothea Tanning.
- Picnics are welcomed at the large sculpture garden with stunning views of the Sussex countryside.
- Farleys House Tours offer a friendly, intimate insight into the lives of the artists who lived here, the visits of their eminent friends and the surreal art which adorns every surface.
- A calendar of fun, surreal-themed events and workshops – including an annual Surrealist Picnic
When to visit
Farleys is open 10:00 – 16:00 on Thursdays and Sundays from April – October. Guided house tours run throughout the day.
Do I need to book?
Yes, book your tickets online in advance to avoid disappointment.
While you’re in the area, Farley recommends
- The Six Bells pub in Chiddingly
- The Long Man of Wilmington